Friday, 2 June 2017

Blossom time


Hi everyone,
I was very excited about playing with these new Tracey Scott stamps, they're so bold and fun and useful for all sorts. 

I started with a tando organiser which I coated in gesso and then fresco paints. For this project I used the limited edition Tracey Scott paint colours, teamed up with granny smith, Bougainvillia, and Nougat.
Each page of the organiser was treated to a different paint colour. 
Using the stamps mounted on a clear block I began building scenes in each of the pages. If you are planning to paint on to a stamped image, always make sure you use a permanent ink- I used rangers archival ink for this.

Another option is to stamp using the paint as I have done on the front cover in the background. Apply it thinly to a piece of cut n dry foam and dab over the stamp to get even coverage. You can get two or three decent impressions each time before re coating in paint. 

When you're happy with your stamping you can start painting :)
 
I added highlights to some of the book's colours using the white Nougat paint.
To add a little extra texture I worked in to the painting using inktense pencils adding borders, shading and doodling.
On some pages I added hints of glitter using the wink of Stella pen too.

The front and back covers. I used a fineliner to add a title to the front - as you can see, nothing too specific!

 All the inside pages in order...







With all the pages completed I tied them together using some rough twine from my stash, not forgetting to add a mixture of bright paper to the inside so I can write in it!




Thanks for reading :)

This project was designed for the craft barn.

I would like to enter this project in the following challenges;
Craft stamper, anything goes
Simon says stamp Monday- circles (the orange page in particular but there are also lots of the front cover)












3 comments:

  1. awesome pages, luv the flowers and colors! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing project! I am so impressed with how whimsical AND professional it looks at the same time! It is stunning and I would buy this in a heartbeat if I saw it in a store. I love the variety of the flowers you used and the cohesiveness of the color palette. And the structure itself is incredible. Thank you so much for sharing such an inspiring piece with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning project ..... I love the bright colours and all the detailed pages. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete