Wednesday, 17 February 2016

F is for...


This week the Craft barn dictionary challenge letter is F. The added twist is that there has to be a heart included somewhere on the page.

Having done a couple of fairly serious entries I wanted to have a bit of fun with this one.
I chose to make my page about FROGS!
I kept things pretty simple by using some penny black stickeroos for the images. The background is made with a combination of ink blending and stamping bubble wrap and spritz effect hobby art stamps. I stenciled on the all important hearts and added a few extra bits such as the gingham ribbon.

As well as the craft barn challenge I'd also like to enter this in to the following challenges;
Penny black Saturday - red or hearts
Craft Stamper - text me
Crafty ribbons- leap, for the leap year!

18 comments:

  1. Those frog are the cutest images! Your colors and coloring are beautiful. A great lighthearted take on the letter f this fortnight. The pages really are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab! I've never thought of adding ribbon to my A-Z dictionary... food for thought!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Ribbons
    Laura
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love this double page spread - it is a fun take on the theme but also very clever. Love your inking and the way you have left some of the page clear - the added text is just perfect. I will say it again - love love love this project. Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, love the background and all the froggies - I love frogs and toads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous illustration of the word (good choice too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun illustrations; love the overall look of your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fabulous frog pages.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow--love how you used the Stickeroos! Creative, artistic & fun pages! Glad you joined us at PBSC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm REALLY late and know it, but I simply had to visit, even though the next CB challenge has already been posted. I laughed and laughed at the Frogs. this was SO much fun and I love those sticeroos, although I've never heard of them before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really made me smile. What a great idea. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely. A really fun page where the elements draw your eyes across to create the story xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely love this!! It's perfect for The Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary Challenge, thank you for joining in!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely project thanks for joining us at the Craft Stamper blog x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to say...this is just the best pages ever...gotta love those PB froggies. Love how they stand out and blend in both at the same time!
    Thanks for sharing you wonderful red/heart inspiration with us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge!

    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this, thanks for joining us at crafty ribbons, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two fun pages. They brought a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete